We talk about healthy eating so often like it is a goal, like we aren’t quite there yet, like it is something that is out of reach. For many of us it is, due to poor habits, lack of educations, lack of motivation or the plain fact that just hamburgers and pizzas taste too good.
Healthy eating is a lifestyle, that is for certain, and there is no food out there that can provide all your healthy eating requirements. Here at La Kult we focus on selling a range of Superfood products which work as great supplements to your diet. No, they are not a magic formula but anything that has such a high concentration of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants has to be included in to your diet for sure.
Like anything in life, a bit of moderation is required with everything we do. It is okay to occasionally eat pizza or ice cream but do it every now and again instead of every day. Pair your healthy eating and Superfood intake with your lifestyle as well: make sure you are consuming the right type of food prior to working out or after a workout to ensure your body gains the maximum benefit of what you are putting in to it.
Let’s have a look at some of the great benefits you can expect to see to your life once you commit to a healthy eating plan:
- Increased energy – remember that feeling of eating too much pizza? That’s because your body doesn’t need it because it’s not fuel. What your body needs is vitamins, protein, fruit and vegetables. Throw in some exercise and get oxygen pumping around your cells and you’ll be feeling fitter and more energetic than ever before.
- Better sleep – not only will you sleep better but you will be able to get to sleep easier. Drink more water, eat less sugar, eat more fruits and vegetables. Eating certain healthy foods, particularly those containing B vitamins, triggers a sleep inducing hormonal response and has a positive effect on the nervous system.
- Feel happier – who doesn’t want to feel happier? We often put our happiness down to lots of factors external to our diet and health but in reality eating healthy, quality food is what allows us to have the energy to exercise and gives our bodies the fuel that leads to creating a better physique and healthier appearance. There is also guilt associated with eating unhealthy food which can lead to negativity about ourselves. Personally, I like to turn it on its head: eat healthy 90% of the time then when I want a hamburger I feel great about it as I treat it as a reward and a treat. Eat for the right reasons, not the wrong ones.
- Keep up with your kids – those three year olds run pretty quick and who doesn’t want to be able to have a game of street football with your kids? By eating healthy ourselves we are teaching our kids to lead a healthier life too which can’t be a bad thing. Being able to play with your kids is a great way to bond with them and for both you and them to stay active as well as teaching great habits for their future.
- Live long and prosper – this seems pretty simple: eat healthier food and live a longer life. But there is more to it than that, it’s not just about length of life but quality. Eating healthier food will make all these points in this list possible which will surely mean you will enjoy your life significantly more.
- Create great habits and be a role model - I remember in the 1990s that you could go in a restaurant and sit at a table and the guy on the table next door would be puffing away on a cigarette. But we didn’t really care, we just accepted it. Look what has happened with smoking in the last ten years, it really is considered incredibly antisocial in today’s society. The next generation will feel this way about food as well. We are becoming more aware of healthy eating and demanding non GMO products and the demand for organic produce is growing exponentially. Be a great role model and create some great habits.
- Become more productive – eating healthy food can increase your focus and make you more productive. Studies have shown that an unhealthy diet puts you at an increased risk of productivity loss which puts you at the bottom of the pile when it comes to gaining a promotion at work or developing that business idea. Eat healthy, be more successful. Simple.
- Increase your self-esteem – all the points on this list will make you enjoy your life more, feel happier and ultimately increase your self-esteem. Healthy food makes you happy, make a change in your life that will benefit you in the long term.
Thanks for reading, I hope you take the steps to healthy living as I have done because I have achieved all the points on this list and my life is better for it.
If you want a boost of vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients in your diet then check out the range of Australian Certified Organic Superfoods available from La Kult at www.la-kult.com.au where you can purchase Organic Acai Powder, Organic Camu Camu Powder, Organic Maca Powder, Organic Spirulina Powder and Organic Cacao Powder.
If you want to know more about Australian Certified Organic check out this link www.aco.net.au.